Latest News


In order to claim any allowable Motor Expenses against your Self Employed Income, you now need to complete a mileage book, detailing business journeys.

There will be no receipted allowances given for any other motor expenses except for parking and road tolls.

The mileage rate for all motor vehicles, (January 2018) is 45p per mile.  You can also claim an allowance if you cycle to work and are self-employed.  Again, you will need to complete a mileage book, as above

The mileage rate for cycling (January 2018) is 20p per mile.

Neither of the above apply to self-employed individuals whose business is vehicle based, e.g. Delivery Drivers, Taxi Drivers etc.

If you need more details on this, contact Bernadette on 020 7193 7115.